Kaikoura Helicopters Extended Whale Watch flight
Kaikoura Helicopters Extended Whale Watch flight, tour from €269.29 - this is a unique opportunity with an unforgettable helicopter flight experience to explore Kaikoura, New Zealand, South Island
- Safety measures
- 40 minutes (approx.)
- Mobile ticket
- Offered in: English
Location: Kaikōura, New Zealand
Within minutes of taking off from our beach from helipads, you will be in the spectacular environment that plays host to one of the worlds largest marine mammals, the magnificent Sperm Whale.
This flight allows you extra time in the whale area to view these majestic creatures of the deep. This also gives you the possibility of viewing dolphins for just a little extra.
– A better option for when the whales are feeding further off shore or are holding their breath for longer than expected.
– More chance to view any transient baleen whales – these whales typically spend short surface intervals (one to 4 breaths) followed by long periods under water (often 2-5 minutes), the longer flight time gives us longer wait for them.
– Depending on the location of the Sperm whales, gives us more time to search for dolphin and /or fly along the Kaikoura southern coastline on our way back to land.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Near public transportation
Infants must sit on laps
Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
A headset is provided with a microphone for communicating with your pilot
Please call 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your booking +64 3 319 6609
We recommend wearing covered shoes and bringing a warm jacket
We recommend bringing your camera and sunglasses
All passengers will be weighed before departure
Your pilot in command will load helicopter based on weight and balance
All flights are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers. Please see our website for full terms and conditions
If the weather does not allow you to fly, we will be happy to rebook you for a later time if your travel schedule allows.
Most travelers can participate
Options to fly to the whales from our other helicopter bases in Christchurch, Nelson, Wellington.
Please make sure to bring along any medication that you may need.
You are welcome to bring along a facemask if you wish.
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
About Meeting And PickupMonday - Sunday : 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
About Cancellation Policy
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Questions and answers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Helicopter tours nearby : Kaikoura | New Zealand | South Island