Robben Island Scenic Helicopter Flight
- Safety measures
- 20 minutes (approx.)
- Mobile ticket
- Offered in: English
- Good for avoiding crowds
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Fly over the historic Robben Island for impressive aerial views during this 20-minute helicopter flight. Take off from Cape Town and fly over the Atlantic coast while listening to your pilot/guide’s commentary through individual headsets. Get aerial views and photo ops of the city, then head to Robben Island to see Nelson Mandela’s prison cell and learn about the history of the island.
Small group of just 12 people or fewer
Learn about Robben Island through your guide’s commentary
Hotel pickup and drop-off available
Aerial views and photo ops
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants from 3 months to 1 year are permitted on board the helicopter provided they do not occupy a seat
Adult pricing applies to all travelers 2 years old and above
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Helicopter tours may be shared with members of other parties; helicopters seat up to 6 people.
Seating allocated according to Weight & Balance approval prior to your flight
Lockers provided for excess luggage
Personal cameras and mobile phones are allowed on board
Service animals allowed
Near public transportation
Infants must sit on laps
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
Most travelers can participate
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
About Meeting And Pickup
V&A Helipad, Breakwater Edge, 220 E Pier Rd, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
We are situated at the V&A Waterfront Helipad just behind the Table Bay Hotel
End pointThis activity ends back at the meeting point.
About Cancellation Policy
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Questions and answers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Helicopter tours nearby : Africa | Cape Town | South Africa | Western Cape